Thursday, February 13, 2014

Retreat Day 7

A little sad to be on this the last day of the retreat.  I've learnt so much here and really benefited from the expertise in the room.  Especially from Natalia.  She seems to 'get' my body, and isn't afraid to push the boundaries.  At the same time, I feel safe with her adjustments, like they're really exploring new range of motion within my joints without risking anything.

One last Prasarita Padottanasana adjustment.  It was just put-my-hands-together-and-submit.  Almost like being on a massage table, I just had to relax and let her do her work.  I'm going to miss that.  The jump-backs were gone.  After a full week of tough practice, I'm just too tired now.  Not a single one came.  I got most of the jump-throughs though.  They seem to have stabilised.

Interestingly, my body wouldn't bind in Marichyasana B or C.  The muscles are all different today.  They're all puffed up and stiff from all the work we did on jumping back and through yesterday.

I'm really going to miss all the people on this retreat.  Of course the teachers Anuraag and Natalia.  But also the three Italians Stephanie, Beppe, and his sister Francesca.  I can tell she likes me.  Haha, she so shy, but she does make it quite obvious.  And then Nuria.  We'll certainly see each other before i go, and hopefully in Mysore too.

Anuraag gave me a letter for Saraswathi when we left.  It should serve as a good introduction, because I've heard it's easy to get lost among the crowd in the Mysore shala.











No comments:

Post a Comment