Sunday, February 16, 2014

Barcelooooona!!!!!

Off on a holiday to Barcelona for a week, and it was a great experience.  Wow!!  What a fun city!  If it had waves, then I'd certainly consider living here.  The way of life seems very relaxed but vibrant, full of life and activity.  There are huge public spaces always full of people, and lots of historical centres where you can get lost in the history of the place.

I seemed to do so much stuff from exploring the archtecture and the design of the city, to looking at the magnificent art there.  Shopping for food was fantastic.  Gaspatxo and salamis, tortilla and tapas.  It's a beautiful place.

In the giant marketplace they had there I found some mate.  After accidentally leaving all my mate cups and bombillas and yerba in Mexico, I'd been lucky that I was living with Mate drinkers both in Ibiza and France and Germany.  Here I was finally able to buy myself a new cup and bombilla and enough yerba to get me through India.

I didn't manage to do any Ashtanga, but almost every day we went to the beach, and I did a lot of stretching and breathing there each time.

Coming back from Barcelona was an exciting experience, but I'll leave that for my next blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment