Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Quick practice and a long bus ride

Back in Berlin, I got a quick practice in before packing my bags to leave.  The body was nice and loose, but not strong after a week off, and I felt hot and sweaty and awkward in my practice.  I had to be quiet because it was late, so no jump backs or through, but just as well, as my arms were like spaghetti after the Suriya Namaskaras.

I'd booked the bus in a rush before leaving for Barcelona, not knowing how far it was from Berlin to Frankfurt.  I figured that Germany is a small country, so it couldn't be more than an hour or so... turns out it's about 8 hours... Oops!  Well I made it easily in the end thanks to a lovely friend I made on the trip.  It was Sally from Melbourne who was heading home after a year in Poland.  Poland?  Yeah Poland.  According to her it's a fantastic place to live!

Berlin was a magical place for me, and it's in my heart now, I'll certainly be back.  Frankfurt however is a bit different.  The people are "special" lets say.  They seem stressed out about everything.  Perhaps they just need a good primary series.

Only a few days here then off to Kassel.

No comments:

Post a Comment