Friday, February 14, 2014

Back on the roof

As for the practice, I'm back on the roof, the harvested fields and orange orchards stretching into the distance around me.  I'm going to miss this place in some sense.  It's not for me certainly, but at the same time I think it's been a good transitionary step.  It has shown me how profound the internal change has been once I switched to doing a daily Ashtanga practice.  I can nolonger entertain the idea of drinking alcohol.  I can no longer push myself to go out and pretend to party with friends when I'm just not into it.  In a sense I've always been this way.  The years of working hard and studying at night, followed by the years of competitive triathlon training.  I was never going to enjoy Ibiza.  Haha, why did I come here?

You know what they say "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man a woman if you miss out on the night-life."  It's a time to make big decisions.  Not to say I'm going to have a sex-change.  No I'm going to leave Spain.  France will be my next stop.  I have people to see, and it's been a good six years since my last visit.

The Other big decision is that I'm going to stick with half-primary.  I know I love full-primary, but the traditional method is to only do up to the posture you're working on, and there must be some wisdom in that.  Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment