Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yoga y Comida Cruda en la Selva

Sunday was a day of yoga and raw food in the jungle.  I was thinking of writing this post in Spanish, but then my laziness got the best of me, and instead I've got some Spanish music playing while I type.  Same thing... ish.

It started early, and there were a few people there that I knew from other classes.  We all headed off together and first up was a primary series.  I'm glad we did this first, because I was eager to get a primary series happening.  I spent the two days beforehand in Tulum (a nearby town) and wasn't able to practice.  That'd been the first time since Canada that I've had two consecutive days off yoga, and I felt a bit stiff.

Primary was good.  I'm writing this a few days later now, so I can't really remember how it went.  Yet I can say that on the second side of Parivritta Parsvakonasana, I nolonger have to do the modified position with my hands in mudra, but can actually touch the floor.  The first side is still modified, but that'll come with time.

After primary we went inside and had a green juice, then headed back out to the shala to do some pranayama.  I'm not sure of the name of the pranayama, but it was one of the hypoxic ones.  That was fun.  I really like pranayama, it always seems to relax me well.  After that we did a meditation. 

Then we did some more yoga.  Sun salutations to start, with a vinyasa-flow kind of twist, followed by some arm balances.  The arm balances started off fun, with Bakasana.  The next though weren't possible for me due to my tight hips and hamstrings.  I'd really like to do some more arm balances, because they're fun!  Unfortunately the Ashtanga ones tend to require flexibility.

Next up we chanted the Gayantri mantra 108 times.  That was really cool.  It was relaxing and fun, but by the time it was over I was really hungry, so it was good that the food was next.  The food was amazing.  It was a broader definition of raw food than I have myself, but still, very healthy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment