Friday, April 5, 2013

Urdhva Dhanurasana

Normal programming has resumed at the shala.  We had about 18 in class, a much more relaxed number, and I was able to swing my arms out to the side in the the Surya Namaskaras, not up in front.

Tonight I managed my first genuine Urdhva Dhanurasana.  I have to say, it was quite fun.  Normally I manage to creep off the ground with a whole lot of effort, and strain up there until the 5-count is over, before relaxing down to get my breath back.  Today it was easier however.  Coco let us go on our own timing, and that really helped.  I went up three times, and at one stage Coco came over and stood on my hands to stop them slipping.  This was amazing, as I could focus on my legs and really push down through my heels, enabling my arms to almost straighten.

There were also some really nice Paschimottanasana adjustments.  Not since Karla's classes have I had such nice adjustments in Paschimottanasana.  I've lost a bit of flexibility there though.  I can't quite get forward at the hips like a could a little while ago.

In Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana first side I was able to hold my foot for a couple of seconds again.  That makes twice now, all good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment