Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stiffness

Well I hardly got through my practice this morning!  It took me two hours, and I still barely made it through.

I had planned on sacrificing watching the London Marathon, and doing my practice before Liège-Bastogne-Liège, but somehow even though I woke up early enough, the coverage of Liège-Bastogne-Liège had already started, so I just ended up watching that for three hours instead of one!
Liège was a fantastic race!  With Dan Martin managing to push away early enough to finish ahead of the lighter Spaniards Valverde and Rodríguez.  I'm sure all the Brits will be going crazy over his win.

Then it came to the yoga, and I was really stiff.  I haven't been this stiff for a long time.  It truly felt like I was just starting out again.  I don't know why this happens to me sometimes.  Did I oversleep last night?  Am I dehydrated? Did I not eat enough dinner last night?  I know I'm usually stiffer in the mornings, but this was 10am, so it should have been ok.  I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow back in led class.

After yoga was Michael Gannon's birthday.  I finally got to meet one of his kids, and what a sweet little thing he was.  Also it was cool to see Michael as a dad.  I've only ever seen him as a yoga teacher/ mentor, and seeing him today, he really looked like such a great daddy!  That's so cool to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment