Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Front row guy

I think it's official, I'm a front row guy now.  Today I tried to slip into the second row, but there was a general uproar among the gente, asking for me to move to the front row.  Admittedly I do know the series, so it's probably a good idea for people to be able to follow me.  However at the same time, I can't do half the moves, and so I don't really want people copying my poor technique.

It paid well in the end though.  We had 20 people practicing, and in town it's very humid at the moment.  Consequently the shala was a steam-room!  Up the front there are little slats in the windows that let in some air, so I could manage a bit more easily.  The poor people in the rest of the class must have been sweating rivers!  Goodness gracious, I can only imagine what it'll be like in a couple of weeks when we change the clocks, and we're doing class in the daytime instead of night.

The session was good.  I bound in the first 6 Marichyasanas, though dropped C on the left side after a couple of seconds.  I was just running out of breath.  Coco tried to help me up into Kukkutasana, but it was futile.  I have no idea how people hop up so easily into that pose.  And the way some people sit up there and do nauli... amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment