Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bye bye Mary

I have to say, Marichyasana has finally gone.  Again today in the led class I could only bind in the As.  I'm sure there's a reason for it, but it's a bit frustrating to lose them when they felt so good a few weeks ago in Karla's classes.  There's an ebb and flow here, and apart from the Michael Gannon mishap, I have had mostly flow with only the occasional ebb.  Lets home the flow comes back and I get B and C binding again.

I was the only guy in class today, and there were about twenty women. I have no idea why the other guys didn't turn up.  Maybe there was a 'secret men's meeting' today, and I didn't get the memo.  Usually we're about one third guys, and sometimes more guys than girls.  I really hope we get more guys in the class, a bit more equal would be better.  I don't like the 'yoga is for girls' stereotype.

Again I managed Kukkutasana today, though this time only with Coco's adjustment.  The rest of the class kept on with Baddakonasana while I was helped up into Kukkutasana.  At the moment I have to pull my arms out a little bit in order to get up.  In this vid, Lino Miele seems to be able to kind of push himself up into the position without needing to rock his bodyweight forward.  Hmmm, more practice required.

Savasana was great, really relaxing.  I love Savasana.

I was all excited last week when Coco said that she'd be teaching on Tuesdays and Thursdays, only one block from my house.  Unfortunately in class she said she'd be delaying this a week because of the advent of Semana Santa.  That kind of sucks because it means I'll only get a couple of weeks of her practice there, but still, I'll just have to enjoy my afternoons off to visit friends instead. heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment