Thursday, March 28, 2013

50 Posts

I just noticed that my last post was my 50th.  Yay!  As yet there are no viewers of the blog, but all in time.  It's going to take a while I think for me to step out of my own practice enough to write stuff that is useful to other people, but for the moment, I'm cool with being where I am.  Speaking of which, I think it's about time I recorded another video of me performing the primary series.  I've had some improvement in some areas since the last time I recorded, but interestingly, not the areas I expected.  That is the beauty of yoga!

Tuesday was a moon day, and I was a litle uncomfortable with the day off.  I almost did yoga anyway, but ended up running out of time, so 'observed the moon day' like a good yogi. Heehee

After the rest, I had a really good practice.  The Marichyasanas came back to me for some reason.  They really do what the want to do, and they chose to come back today for some completely random reason.  Very strange.  I absolutely love binding in B and C.  If I bind in B and C, at the end of the practice I feel all warm and free and happy.

Kukkutasana I managed again.  This is getting better.  The main issue is hip tightness causing a poor lotus.  I think the strength to lift up is there, and the balance is just practice.  So when the hips open up a little more, it should be a litle more comfortable.

For the first time I was able to grab my toe in one side of Trikonasana.  That's new, because normally I can't reach.  There's also a different sensation involved there.  Lastly, in some of the Marichyasanas, I was leaving my foot in half lotus, and then kicking it out as I was jumping back.  Although still not a proper jump-back, it's an improvement, and quite exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment