Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pain from Michael Gannon

I did my home practice, but have been in quite a lot of pain from the Michael Gannon class. I made it through, but it was a slog, not exactly the most enjoyable Christmas eve practice. Hopefully it hurts less tomorrow when i go back up north for a Christmas day Mysore class

I headed up to Puerto Morelos for a Christmas day Mysore class. When we got there, there were a few students who weren't sure on the primary series, so Coco did a led class. I was so sore from Michael Gannon that i could only do half the postures, and not even a lotus. The guy i headed up with was also really sore from Michael's class, and was quite forcefully criticizing the way the class was done.

While we were up there, Coco apologised to all of us about how bad the class was, saying "Michael's normally better than that". That's nice of her, but it doesn't get me my money back, or make my knees stop hurting.

Update to say: speaking with someone else from the class the next day, and they have so much pain in one of their knees, that it was painful for them to walk. Not a ringing recommendation for Michael's work when he injures all his students!

No comments:

Post a Comment