Thursday, December 13, 2012

Observing Mood Days

After three straight days of practice, today I observed my first moon-day holiday.  It's funny how being more devoted actually means more days off.  The way I calculate it, by observing moon days and Saturdays, I get between five and seven days off a month.  Women who observe the ladies' holiday get up to another three off, making it seven to ten days off a month.  I've now added a moon-phase gadget to the right hand side of this blog, to show the days off.

So a minimum of one day off a week, with an extra day or two thrown in for good measure.  With my triathlon training experience, it sounds very similar to tri-training.  As with tri-training, the scheduled days off are never when you feel you want a day off, and Thursday was like this.  I felt like I was just getting my groove on.  Still, there's Friday and Saturday to look forward to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment