Monday, May 20, 2013

More Roofy Madness



It’s been windy up on the roof, and I think my neighbours are getting worried.  It’s fair to say that yoga isn’t big here in the countryside, and all my salutes to the sun might be freaking them out.  I think they probably believe that I’m up there worshipping some deranged god or something. Hee hee hee.  Am I?  I may well be.  Are we praying when we do yoga?  I know Guruji said “you do yoga, you think god” but he was a devout man, and from a different time.

Perhaps we are praying to ourselves up there.  We are certainly devoting the time we spend practicing to ourselves.  We are quietly working on our minds, and our bodies.  To suggest it is praying isn’t far from the truth.

Again I got Bujapidasana.  Again I stayed up for a few seconds.  Part of it is wrist flexibility.  Because I can’t make that ninety degree angle yet between my forearms and palms, it’s hard to stay up.  I’m sure with a few more weeks of getting up into Bujapidasana, I’ll get some extra flexibility that’ll help me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment