Friday, June 7, 2013

Retreat On

I phoned up the teacher Anurag and confirmed the classes for the whole week.  I'm going to hire a scooter to get there.  It's a little far to ride each day (it's a hilly 20km) so it's worthwhile hiring the scooter to get me there and back.  I just decided to do it.  Another yoga blogger 'Globie' had encouraged me to do some yoga while here in Ibiza, and I think that encouragement is what made the difference.  Thank you!!

Now that it's coming in only a few days, I feel a little bit of pressure to fix my practice before the retreat.  I don't know why, but I feel that I won't get the most out of this retreat unless I'm performing near my 'best' with regards to the postures.  It'd be nice to have the Kukkutasana back, and also to bind in Marichyasana C again.  Did I ever bind in Marichyasana D?  I don't think so.  I think I got close on the second side once in one of Coco or Karla's classes, but never quite made it.

Practice feels really good right now.  I have Urdhva Sirsasana happening well now.  It's becoming one of my favourite postures.  I just love the feeling of extending my shoulders with some weight in them.  Sometimes I'm still a bit wobbly from Ardha Sirsasana and so I come down, but sometimes I feel like I can stay up forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment