Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Raw

Since coming back to Mexico, I've been on a mostly raw food diet.  My diet in Canada wasn't so good, so I thought I'd make some slow improvements.  The ultimate aim is to be 60% raw, with another 20% paleo, and then the final 20% anything.

My plan was to introduce one raw meal at a time, keep it up for a couple of weeks, then depending on how I'm going, introduce another raw meal.  I have four meals a day usually, so this makes six weeks if I'm going to make three out of the four raw.  Then I have one meal for if I'm heading out to eat, or if I want to eat meat, or if I want to eat chocolate, or lollies, or a big mac...

I started with a raw breakfast, but since then, I've been virtually all raw straight away.  I'd say that since I arrived back in Mexico, I've been 70% raw, 20% paleo (mostly lean meat and cooked veges) with about 10% other.  I've virtually stayed off processed foods completely.  For example, I haven't had dairy once, I haven't had any wheat, rice, pasta or corn, and I haven't had a single can of soft-drink.

At the moment, I'm not sure whether this will continue, because I'm not tough on myself or anything like that.  I just happen to be buying raw fruit and veg at the moment, and so that's what's in the house.  I don't go out that much, so I eat what's in the house.

I think I'll keep it up for about 8 weeks, but every week, I'll assess how I'm feeling.  If it's not working, then I'll ditch it, but for the moment, things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment