Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Retreat Day 4

I didn't manage a wink of sleep last night!!  I have no idea why, but oh dear!!  The wind on the scooter ride to the shala woke me up somewhat, and thank goodness I have mate to drink.  Without it I would be absolutely useless!!

Because I wasn't able to sleep, I used the morning to apply to KPJAYI!  Yep, that's right, I did it!  The minimum time ahead you can apply is two months, so I counted sixty days ahead and just put that date down.  Boom boom done.  I'm going to India!

Back in the shala, and I seem to have lost my standing postures.  My muscles are super tight from all the hard work these last three days, and so my range of motion is a bit limited.  I still bumbled through though, and generated a lot of heat.  The Prasarita Padottanasana C adjustment from Natalia today was amazing.  It was just pure craziness.  I can't believe I held it so long while she was pushing and pulling her heart out.  I had tears streaming down my forehead as I bawled my eyes out, but it was beautiful and clensing and pure and fantastic!

After standing my flow was on with all the heat.  I bound myself in Marichyasana A, B, and wait for it.... C on both sides.  Easily.  I still use my little yellow towel for B and C, but I slotted into the poses very easily and Natalia took note.  She sat down to give Marichyasana D a go, and we had a little surprise.

It's funny how she adjusts Marichyasana D.  She grabs my arm with both hands, and somehow does some sort of jujitsu with her feet.  I know one of them is pushing against my leg, and the other is keeping me upright, but I'm not really sure how.  However it works, today I was adjusted into Marichyasana C on the second side.  My left hip is still a little tight for me to get in on the first side, but I certainly made it half way there.  So there we have it, Marichyasana D in June 2013.  Woohooo!!! :D

Natalia said I should be able to get into Mari D by myself in Mysore.  That would be fantastic, but she doesn't really know my body, so I'm not going to set my hopes on it.

Back to the dancers' bar again before backbending, doing my hip stretches.  I really pushed them this time, trying to breathe deep into the glutes.  In Urdhva Dhanurasana I was assisted by a beginner named Angel who'd already finished.  That was nice.

After practice, they taught me to go up into handstand after the Virabhadrasanas.  The vinyasa is as follows.  Inhale hands down, exhale half step back.  Inhale up into handstand, exhale down into chaturanga dandasana.

After class today Maya gave me a gift.  It's a drawing of me.  She really is the sweetest little child, and has taken to me.  It's the perfect souvenir of the retreat for me.

I've been using Greg's hand blender every day here in Eveissa, and so I finally decided to head up to buy myself one.  Well in the shop I had a blond moment, and used my thumb to test how sharp the blender was... oops!!!!  now my thumb is bleeding like crazy and I can't get it to stop!!  Hahahaha silly me!

And tonight I extended the scooter.  I'm going to keep going to this retreat until Sunday.  Although it's a lot of money, I think it's worth it.  Natalia is just amazing, and I'm getting a lot of progress in my Asana practice working with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment