Tuesday, March 4, 2014

India Day 22 - 21st of August

Thai massage classes with Lillie again today, and I think we're getting quite good at this.  We had a good laugh and also ate lots of chocolate together.  One of my favourite things about going to Lillie's place are the puppies on her street.  They're just too cute and cuddly.
The bicycle isn't turning out too well.  It's far too small for me, and I also keep breaking it, and so keep having to get it fixed.  So I've decided to get it stolen.  Instead of putting it away at night, I'm going to leave it outside and hope that somebody takes it.  I'm sure that there's somebody around here that needs it more than me.

I actually went to chanting today.  I wouldn't have gone, but it was the best place for me to leave the bike, so that's where I left it overnight to get it stolen.

Again went to Gokul Chats for lunch.  That place is lovely.

 Today was the first of the Madhu massage classes.  We're doing them as a three, being myself, Charalambos, and Isabelle.  I've spoken of it before in this blog.  It's not typical Ayurvedic Massage, rather it's Ayurvedic Bodywork.  Like the Ashtanga primary series, it strips layers of [something] off the body.  It's hard to explain, but I'll do my best.  On the physical level it improves your flexibility, it fixes muscle imbalances and does your typical physio/ chiro/ Musculo-skeletal stuff manipulating joints to get things re-aligned.  On some other sort of level, there is some sort of release of something.  You can feel it coming off you, and it fills the whole room.  I don't like the hippie word 'toxins' so I won't use that, but don't have my own word to explain it.  The final result is that you feel softer and cleaner on the inside.

It's also brutal.  I mean really brutal.  Have you ever had physio for a damaged achilles or plantar fasciitis?  It's that sort of deep pain, and it goes on for an hour and a half.

In the class we did mostly theory.  We spoke about Ayurveda, massage, and the principles of how to treat a patient.  Perhaps one day I'll write some of this stuff up, but for the moment it's scrawled in my notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment